Various establishments and institutions across the world have recognized the selfless service of Brahma Kumaris which has been working for world peace and upliftment of humanity. Some are mentioned here.
- Brahma Kumaris is affiliated to the Department of Public Information( DPI) of the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
- In the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and the UNICEF of the UN, it holds the consultative status.The organization has an office at the UN
- The United Nations “University for Peace’ in Costa Rica receives it’s co-operation in the field of peace education by means of an official agreement
- The Government of Mauritius has recognized it as a University by an Act of Parliament
- The Government of Guyana has adopted the principle of starting the proceedings of their Parliament with three minutes Rajayoga Meditation as suggested by the institution
- The Brahma Kumaris has been awarded UN Peace Medals for 1981 and 1986 and Chief of Brahma Kumaris, Dadi Prakashmani, was awarded International Peace Messenger Award from Secretary General of UN in 1987. Five more National Peace Messenger Awards have also been received by Brahma Kumaris centres in Australia, Kenya etc
- Dadi Prakashamani was honoured by Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, India by conferring Doctorate Degree in Literature for her outstanding contribution to the cause of learning, spreading and development of spiritual. moral and human values
- The Chief of Brahma Kumaris was invited by the World Parliament of Religions to participate and deliver Presidential Address in its Centenary Celebrations at Chicago on 31st August 1993. She was also signatory to the Global Ethics Document adopted by the leaders of World Religions in the said programme.
- Dadi Prakashamani has been honoured by being presented ‘City Medal’, ‘Key to City’ etc.. by Mayors of New York, Los Angeles, Sao Paulo, Tuskegee, Bulwayo, Nairobi, Frankfurt, etc..
Dadi Prakashamani has been honoured by being presented “Dharma Ratna” award on religion by World Religious Parliament, New Delhi, a ‘Trophy’ for her outstanding contribution for the welfare of humanity and ‘Global Peace’ by Shri C.Subrahmanyam. Governor of Maharashtra at the Felicitation Function arranged by Priyadarshani Academy Bombay. She was invited as a State Guest on several occasions during her tour of Maharashtra, Karnataka ,Orissa, Gujarat and Rajasthan.