Fourteen Years of Intense Self Effort
The members of the institution spent the next fourteen years in Karachi(in Pakistan) involved in intense meditation and deep spiritual study. They were around 300 in number; majority of them were young ladies and all had completely dedicated themselves to the institution. The strong foundation for the institution was laid in these years by way of complete Self-Realision and God-Realistion.
What did the group do and what they achieved in these fourteen years of self effort ?
• There was intense self-introspection. The effort was to completely understand the self, the true nature and to realize the goals of life. They intensely practiced soul -consciousness. Thus, it was a phase when everyone surrendered themselves to God; when each one took His refuge and gave up dependence on anyone else; when everyone dedicated his/her body, mind and all to Him and was now willing to make any sacrifice for creating the new world and was devoted to self- purification through Tapasya or intense self effort.
• There were very deep realizations about God – His name, His form, His divine actions, His role at present and relationship between soul and Supreme Soul.
• They made very honest and selfless efforts to root out ordinary,waste and negative tendencies from the soul. With the ‘fire’ of yoga or meditation, a person would be able to burn all his or her weaknesses.
• The group had many divine revelations in the form of divine visions through which they learnt many secrets. They comprehended the beginning, the middle and the end of this world. They also understood how different religions got established, original religion of humankind and about the cycle of time.
• Through the practice of the Godly knowledge and meditation, they became complete embodiment of purity, peace and bliss. They realised that this is very much essential to give the experience of peace and bliss to others.
• Discover the power of thought. Thoughts are the seeds of all actions. Thoughts determine the character and destiny of a person. Even sitting at one place, how the thoughts work wonders at the mental plane all over the world.
• Discover the power of silence. Silence is not just the absence of sound. It is the stage where the soul would go into the depths of meditation and attain infinite peace. In this lies the seed for the establishment of world peace. A soul in this state can spread peaceful vibrations for the entire world.
• They learnt the art of making every karma or action divine and fruitful. They learnt to lead a life of total self-discipline that would please the self, the Supreme and the people around. Even the seemingly ordinary activities like walking, drinking, eating, cooking, sleeping, talking etc can be turned into elevated actions.
• The knowledge that was imparted was new. It was revealed knowledge. Quite a few of the inmates of the institution were blessed with trance-vision. They felt detached from the body and cut-off from the surrounding environment and could see the three worlds and also the past, the present and the future with the spiritual vision or the Third-Eye. Dada had seen a picture of the World Tree and the World Wheel, called Kalpa Vriksha and Srishti Chakra, by means of divine intellect. These pictures became the basic aids for imparting Godly knowledge and learning spiritual doctrines.
• Due to their intense spiritual efforts, they realized how an individual empowered with spiritual and moral values could become an instrument of establishing peace in the society.
• The importance of time – This is the time in which God has descended and is laying the foundation for the new world. Each and every second is important. This period of confluence is very short but decisive in the history of mankind.
• In these years, members of the group made honest self-efforts through which they made themselves immune to negative influences of this world. Only persons of such integrity and selfless motives would be successful in establishing peace in the society.
[ Top ]