Celebrating Raksha Bandhan With Divinity And Beauty (Part 2)
Raksha Bandhan means a bond of protection. We need protection from all that is causing us harm or pain. All the terror and damage that we see happening in the world on a physical level is a result of emotional turbulence. A soul with deep thoughts of lust will indulge in impure acts; a soul with greed will indulge in theft; a soul with aggression will indulge in violence. The 5 vices – lust, anger, greed, attachment and ego are the causes of emotional suffering of the soul, and when these come out into action, we cause harm to others too.
Each soul needs to protect itself from ego, lust, anger, irritation, jealousy, obsession, greed, hatred, hurt, attachment, criticism, domination, manipulation … the list is long. To protect ourselves we need to inculcate purity of thoughts, words and actions by using our seven qualities – peace, joy, love, bliss, purity, power and wisdom.
To experience and radiate our pure qualities, we need to promise our self and God a life of Daily Discipline –
- Gyan – Study of spiritual knowledge to fill our self with pure information
2. Yog – Meditation and Connection with God to empower our self
3. Dharna – Using spiritual principles in our way of living and working
4. Seva – Giving and serving others through the mind and physically
5. Satvik (pure) eating and drinking habits
The divine festival of Raksha Bandhan teaches us the connection of Purity, Promise and Protection.
(To be continued tomorrow …)