5 Types Of Sanskars Of The Soul
The soul has 3 faculties – mind, intellect and sanskars. Very often we say we can’t understand each other and sometimes we can’t understand our own behavior. It is because we are not aware of the sanskars or personality traits each of us carries. Each soul carries 5 types of sanskars:
- Sanskars we get from our parents and family – We often find certain habits of ours very similar to habits of members of our family. They could be physical habits or our way of thinking and personality traits.
- Sanskars which are created because of the environment we are in – country, caste, culture, city, locality, school, friends and social circle.
- Sanskars we carry forward from our past birth – We understand that we are not this body, but the spiritual energy that uses the body, energy which is not created or destroyed – energy which is immortal, eternal. Death means the soul leaves the old body and has a new body ready for it to use. When the soul leaves one costume, it carries its sanskars with it. This explains why even identical twins have very different personalities, bodies are identical but each soul is carrying a different past.
- Sanskars created by our own will power – We may carry any type of sanskar from the past, family or environment, but if we wish to change, we can create a new sanskar with our own will power.
- Original sanskars of the soul – The above 4 types of sanskars are acquired after using the body, but each soul has an original set of sanskars – peace, joy, love, bliss, purity, power and wisdom. These 7 sanskars are the original sanskars of every soul, and all the sanskars we see today of ego, anger, greed, jealousy, fear… are acquired sanskars. When we become soul conscious and remain aware of our original sanskars, they start to emerge again.
Let us remember who am I – I am a pure, peaceful, loveful soul, and so is every soul I will meet today.