- To provide training and refresher courses for educators that will enable spiritual empowerment of the educators as well as their students;
- To re-establish, through education and research, a society based on spiritual, moral and human values;
- To remove ignorance, superstition and social evils through spiritual education.
Views and Perspectives
- From ancient times, education has been a powerful tool to help an individual realise his or her full potential and grow into a well-rounded, cultured human being capable of making a worthwhile contribution to society. Today’s educational system, however, more often than not merely equips students with the skills and information required to earn a livelihood. It offers knowledge about that which is transitory and ephemeral as if it were everlasting. It can fall short in building character and instilling moral values because not all educators are ideal role models in terms of character and self-mastery. As a result, young people today lack self-control, emotional maturity and moral strength. Experiencing inner emptiness, they are attracted to drugs, alcohol, promiscuity, violence and anti-social behaviour. As a result, the standards of morality in society are showing a downward trend that seems hard to reverse.
- The Education Wing is addressing this issue by promoting value-based education. The Wing’s members believe that education can play a vital role in creating a better world only when it is value-based.
- The Wing organises campaigns, fairs and conferences as well as dialogues and seminars on educational issues to promote value-based education. It has also developed a curriculum for training in values, and the Wing’s members conduct teacher training courses based on this curriculum. The Wing also organises annual Personality Development Camps for children.
- Web site: http://bkvalueeducation.in